Staying ahead in school can be challenging, but summer schools in Mississauga for secondary education might be able to help. With summer learning, students have a choice between credit and headstart courses. With the latter, they can keep ensuring top-notch academic skills. The former is designed for high school students looking to boost their marks and speed up their studies. Here is an overview of the different programs offered at summer schools in Mississauga:
A summer school in Ontario may use different methodologies of teaching the courses under this program. For instance, accredited international schools may offer two rounds of non-credit summer courses, which run for about a month per session, and classes running three times a week, resulting in nine hours per week. The courses are as follows:
- English – Grades 1 to 12, focusing on English Writing.
- Math – Math for Grades 9 to 10, Functions for Grade 11, Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors, and Data Management for Grade 12.
- Physics – For Grades 11 and 12
- Biology – Grades 11 and 12
- Science – Grades 9 to 10
- Chemistry – Grades 11 to 12
- IB – Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English, and French
A credit course offered at a summer school in Mississauga for secondary education must be ministry approved and capable of helping students upgrade their grade for university and complete missing credit. Courses are offered in the following subjects:
- English – Grades 9 to 12 English, Literacy Course, and English as a second language.
- Math – Math for Grades 9 to 10, Functions, Calculus and Vectors, Advanced Functions, and Data Management for Grade 11.
- Sciences – A summer school in Mississauga may offer Science and Physics for Grades 9 and 10 and Biology and Chemistry for Grades 11 and 12.
- Business and accounting – Advanced learning is accomplished through Business Leadership and International Business courses.
- History and social sciences – Families in Canada, Canadian International Politics, and World History are among the subjects covered in the summer schools in Ontario.
- Law – Canadian and International Law
- Languages – French
- Exam preparation – Summer schools in Mississauga could also help students prepare for their TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GMAT, or GRE.