At USCA Academy you can choose accommodations to suit your budget. All of our hosts meet our high standards for safety and cleanliness.
All our accommodations include, at a minimum:
- A furnished room with a window
- A bed with clean linen (sheets, pillow, and blankets)
- Private storage for your belongings (such as a chest of drawers or a closet)
- Access to a shared bathroom with your own clean towels
- A quiet place to study, usually in your own room.
We aim to provide our students with the best accommodation possible. At USCA, we offer a variety of residence options, including dorms and home-stay, all of which is managed by the school administration where students’ satisfaction and security is taken good care of.
Accommodation – Long Term
School Provided Accommodation
You can benefit from the comforts of home and of a family life, even though you are far from home and in an entirely new country. Many Canadian families welcome international students. This may be an effective way for you to improve your English, learn about daily life in Canada, and meet new, friendly people. Home-stays also offer a more stable and secure environment for younger people coming to study in Canada. A home-stay consists of a Canadian family hosting a student in their home while the student attends school. A private and furnished room is provided in the home, and the host family welcomes and encourages participation in family and community activities.
Home-stays are arranged by the school and students are matched with families who share similar interests. Amenities and location vary from home to home, but preferences can and should be indicated to the school so that a suitable match may be found. USCA Academy can arrange for a school representative or home-stay family to meet you at the airport when you arrive.
USCA Academy has accommodation conveniently located near school. Rooms can vary in size and in quality, and dormitories have shared kitchens, toilets, showers and laundry facilities. There is usually an option of having either a shared or private room, and dormitories are usually separated by gender. Most dormitories come furnished, and are an ideal way to become involved in campus activities and meet other students.
Renting is an option open to students, but price, quality and availability vary greatly. Many students share accommodation to keep costs down and usually find places to meet their needs and preferences. USCA Academy offers an off-campus housing service, which can provide affordable listings that are near the campus. Often, the office coordinates activities to help students find a compatible roommate to share expenses; they also provide information about the local neighbourhoods, including popular restaurants, shopping areas, parks and recreation, and public transportation.
Things to remember when choosing accommodation in Canada:
- Try to make arrangements ahead of time.
- Make a list of your needs and interests.
Note: Prices can vary greatly according to location.
Features of USCA Accommodation and Commuting Services
- Student Residence Coordinators will arrange a shopping day for students once every week.
- Pick up and drop off services will be available for students who prefer to live in Toronto area.
- Student Residence Coordinators will be available for students 24 hours and make sure students will be taken good care of.
- Attendance notification provides morning call service. If the teacher does not see the student in class on time, the student residence coordinator will follow up with the matter.
- Self-discipline guidance: The school pays high attention to students’ development of their self-disciplined life.
- Health-care: The school will take students to clinic or hospital when students feel uncomfortable. We make sure students get proper treatment in time.
- Abundant Residency Life: The staff at the residence and the students will work together and coordinate activities in the residence. These activities help students get connected and allow opportunities for learning about different cultures from their roommates.