University Preparation Program
University Preparation Program(UPP)
This program focus on students who finished their high school diploma, and wish to upgrade their
high school average and to enhance their knowledge in order to get admitted to universities.
UPP is a program for
international students who have a high school diploma either from their home country or from Canada. This aims to help students enhance their comprehensive
academic ability and English skills, and make sufficient preparation for entering university. Students should choose 6 credit courses for their university application based on their career plans. USCA academy provides students with
comprehensive courses in order to satisfy their demands and interest.
Before entering UPC, all students need to take an English placement test to determine their own English level. Our ESL program builds a solid and necessary foundation for students before they start UPP.
UPP students can not only increase their average marks before applying to university, but also can help them improve their English levels. Students can become more adapted to a brand new cultural environment. Students and the school guidance counselor will work together to meet their university application requirements. The majority of graduates from our school will get admitted to the University of Toronto, University of Alberta, University of Waterloo, Western University, York
University and McMaster University.
Program Requirements Students who havegraduated from high school and have already obtained a high schooldiploma (or graduates from the International Baccalaureate Diploma
● Flexible curriculum schedule, students can take different courses according to their specific needs
● Able to complete the six UPC courses within 4-6 months
● Can apply for conditional letter of acceptance to universities and colleges
● Excellent learning environment with one-on-one or small group tutoring;
● One-on-One academic counselling, help students fully prepare for university application
● Students can get their TOEFL and IELTS waived by presenting their marks from grade 12 English(ENG4U)
as their proof of English proficiency.